Who We Are.
Our mission is to further environmental and cultural conservation through ethical photography.
We believe that awe-inspiring photography is a powerful force for the environment, especially when paired with the collaboration of committed scientists, politicians, religious leaders and policy makers. We plan to replace environmental indifference with a new culture of stewardship and passion for our beautiful planet.
* CONSERVATION. Helping to safeguard the biodiversity of the planet and the integrity of natural ecosystems.
* COMMITMENT. Remaining true our to our values and photographic and conservation aims
* INTEGRITY. Adherence to moral and ethical principles especially in our behavior towards and depiction of the natural world.
* GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS. Using our photography to educate and inform with integrity and to communicate conservation messages worldwide.
* LEADERSHIP. Showing the photographic community by example what can be achieved.
* PHOTOGRAPHIC EXCELLENCE. Striving to attain the highest quality photography possible – pushing the boundaries.
* COLLABORATION. Using our combined strength and joining forces with like-minded organizations to further our conservation aims.
The ILCP seeks to empower conservation photographers by creating an organizational structure that allows them to focus on the creative aspects of their work while at the same time finding venues that allow their images to make a significant contribution to the understanding and caring of the environment.