WS Pre-event email to attendees
Dear WiLDSPEAK Participant!
We are thrilled that you will be joining us for WiLDSPEAK DC on Monday! Below is some information that you should keep in mind and to help make the day go as smoothly as possible.
- Parking around the Carnegie Institution for Science is extremely limited. The closest Metro stations are Dupont Circle or Farragut North on the red line and Farragut West on the Orange/Blue/Silver lines.
- A simple box lunch will be served; there are also a number of places to eat nearby. There will be vegan/vegetarian options for lunch and at the reception.
- We are striving to make this event as “green” as possible and eliminating as much plastic as possible. We will have a limited number of HonestTea drinks in glass, and paper cups for water, juice and coffee. We strongly encourage you to bring a reusable cup with a lid that you can refill on site.
- In another effort to be green, we want to use recycled lanyards! So please bring one from a previous conference or event, or more if you have them so we can use them for others who forget to bring one. We will have a prize for the most “exotic” lanyard – as chosen(very unscientifically!) by the check-in staff.
- Please note that the morning registration for WiLDSPEAK is will start at 8:30AM. Please arrive as early as you can. The doors will be closed during presentations in respect for the presenters. Presentations will be displayed on screens outside of the theater for those who do not make it to their seats in time. Doors will be open between presenters. The first presentation is scheduled to start at 9:10AM.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you and we cannot wait to see you there!
The Fellows, Board and Staff of iLCP