News to Fellows & Affiliates 2015-12-16
Dear Fellows and Affiliates,
After receiving feedback from some of you that you would prefer an email over the Constant Contact newsletter, we will start following the Constant Contact newsletters with these emails to make sure we are reach everybody. So, you can choose which format you prefer. Note that you will receive both, but can choose which one you prefer to read. These emails will have not have the images and graphic content of the newsletters.
- FOCUS ON CONSERVATION – We are more than halfway to our goal!!
We are halfway through December and we are more than halfway to our goal of $30,000 in our year end campaign!!. This is doable if everyone pitches in!! Here are some ideas on how you can encourage folks to support us and make a contribution.
It is not too late to set up your own fundraising page on our Focus On Conservation page and the instructions to do so are below. Or, if you don’t want to have this track to you individually, there are still many ways you can help!
In each case, use this short link as the proper URL: http://tinyurl.com/ilcpFOC15
- Send out an email to Include a line in your email signature that says for example, “Make a charitable contribution to iLCP and support our important work!” and then hyperlink it to the URL above.
- Post a message on your personal and professional Facebook pages asking your friends and fans to support iLCP because it is an organization that is important to you.
- Include a request for support in Holiday emails you send out to your clients, family and friends.
- Twitter a request for help, such as: Join me and make a charitable gift to @iLCP this year and support our important work! http://tinyurl.com/ilcpFOC15
- Don’t need another tie or knick knack for Christmas? Ask your friends and family to make a gift to iLCP in your name instead!
- Smile! Remind people in any of the above formats also that if they shop on Amazon this Holiday Season – or anytime in the year! – they should use shop from smile.amazon.com and designate iLCP. Easy giving while they shop!
- And of course, last but not least, set up a personal fundraising page on the FOC site by following the instructions below.
Of course, we also have incentives for the donors including cards, books, and prints – depending on their level of giving. In addition, some Fellows are being creative in offering their own incentives, such as a portfolio review or perhaps an image to folks who give to iLCP in their name. You can add such details to your customized note on your personal fundraising page.
So mark these dates down now so your calendar stays open for it!
Professional Development Workshops for Fellows 11/14
Portfolio Reviews and Story Pitch Session 11/14
WiLDSPEAK 11/15 – 11/16
Annual Meeting and Fellows Meeting 11/17
If you have any interest in serving on the WiLDSPEAK 2016 Planning Committee, please send Alex an email to that effect at alexandra@Ilcp.com.
Separately, we are are also exploring the launch of a youth education & community outreach program that would culminate at the same time as WiLDSPEAK next November. We hope this will become a model that can be replicated in other cities around the country and around the world! If you are interested in helping us develop this effort, again, please email with Alex.
Both of these requests go out to Fellows and Affiliates, so let’s get some of you Affiliates engaged in these efforts!